Applications Open for the 2019 AVS and IVSA Elections
We are pleased to announce that the nominations for the 2019 AVS and IVSA Elections are now open! Being part of the AVS and IVSA gives you an unparalleled opportunity to get involved in representing, supporting and engaging vet students. Most roles are open for AVS members in years 1-3 (or years 1-4 if at Cambridge), - apart from IVSA Exchange Officer, Public Health Officer and Promotions Officer which are open to students in year 1-4 (or years 1-5 if at Cambridge).
Positions available are:
The Association of Veterinary Students:
- Junior Vice President: 3 year executive role, candidates must have already been on the AVS Committee
- Welfare Officer: 2 year executive role
- Secretary: 2 year executive role
- JAVS Editor: 2 year role
- Communications Officer: 2 year role
- Grants and Sponsorship Officer: 2 year role
The International Veterinary Students Association (UK and Ireland Branch)
- President: 2 year executive role
- Promotions Officer: 1 year role
- Exchange Officer: 1 year role
- Public Health Officer: 1 year role
Being part of the AVS and IVSA Committee is a great opportunity to meet vet students from across the UK and Ireland at the three annual meetings (two of which are at BVA Headquarters in London - with all expenses paid!). You will also receive free tickets to AVS Congress and Sports Weekend. Past members of the committee have told us what they’ve enjoyed about their role and why you should join the committee!
Applications close on the 27th January 2019.