Young Vet Network
BVA recognises that the transition from vet school to professional life can be challenging, so they set up the Young Vet Network (YVN) to provide additional support and guidance to BVA members in their final year of vet school and the first 8 years after graduation. YVN membership is automatic for any eligible BVA member, and benefits of joining the YVN include:
· Free personal accident insurance - 24 hour cover from BVA partners Lloyd & Whyte designed to provide you with the financial resources to help you cope with suffering a serious injury following an accident.
· Face to face meetings in your region – an opportunity to meet your peers, discuss the pressures and the pleasures of the job, and enjoy social events together. Attendance to YVN meetings will also count towards your CPD hours!
· Graduate representation on key issues affecting young members of the profession through representation on BVA Council
· Free professional guidance - BVA offers a range of employment resources to assist you in a host of issues from job hunting, completing your Professional Development Phase (PDP) and employee wellbeing.
· Free BVA new graduate guide including career advice, finding a job and tips from
· Free and discounted CPD – as well as attendance to YVN meetings counting towards CPD hours, YVN members can avail of discounts with Webinar Vet and RVC recorded webinars.
· Support from the YVN online discussion forum via the BVA Community on the BVA website.